If you’re here, you’re looking to make a big splash this Valentine’s Day, and we’re here to help.
Love at the Landing: Your Guide to Valentine's Day
- Diamond Leaf Jewelers’ Custom Made Jewelry: Diamond Leaf designs custom items right in their store. You come in with exactly what you want, or you can work with one of their designers to create a unique piece. Stop in February 12th-14th to get a Scratcher Ticket worth 30% off your purchase (scratch ticket must be used in the month of February ’22).
- WineStyles Carries the Finer Things: You know about their huge selection of wine, but WineStyles also has craft beers, artisan cheeses, and delectable chocolates.
- Chocolate with a Twist at the Funky Zebras Boutique: It’s a gourmet sea salt and carmel, dark chocolate bar—but it’s also a unique Valentine’s Day card. It’s Sweeter Cards!
Valentine’s with Friends
- Sweet Treats from Cookies & Dreams: In honor of Valentine’s Day, Cookies & Dreams has rolled out three new cookies: I Lava You (for chocolate lovers), The Berry Best (red velvet with strawberry cheesecake filling), and Nuts About You (white chocolate, macadamia nuts, and freeze-dried raspberries).
- Valentine’s Cupcakes at Scratch: Starting Thursday 2/10, Scratch will begin selling their Valentine’s cupcakes. It might not be a bad idea to call in your order ahead of time: 319-359-2256
Things To Do Together
- Edgewater Grille’s Special Valentine’s Day Menu: Available Friday 2/11 through Monday 2/14, this four-course meal features seared porcini-crusted filet mignon and seared Chilean sea bass with jumbo lump crab and is $60 per person—call 319-541-0638 to make reservations.
- Tribute’s Five-Course Prix Fixe Menu: This special menu will be available Monday 2/14 and Tuesday 2/15 and features an 8 oz Wagyu Sirloin as the main course.
- Four-Course Meal with Wine or Cocktail Pairing at Marquee: Choose from multiple options for each of the four courses and pair it all with three cocktail options or three different wines paired with the various courses.
- Hyatt Staycation Package: This package is available February 11th through the 14th, which includes an overnight stay with an elegant four-course dinner in Edgewater Grille, as well as free parking and a special in-room gift. Book this package for $259 at http://hyattregencycoralville.com or by calling 319-688-4000.
- Plan a Mini-Vacation at the IRL: Make reservations at one of the 9 restaurants serving dinner, take in a stroll around the neighborhood and see the Sculpture Walk and the Wetlands Park, before you head back to your room at one of the 4 hotels that call the IRL home.
- Winterfest Sunday Afternoon: Sunday 2/13 Winterfest is taking place at the Hyatt Regency from 1 pm to 4 pm. There will be live music, a magician, ice sculpting, and more at the event.
- The IRL Sculpture Walk: Bundle up for a bit of art and stroll around the IRL to see the 11 original sculptures based on writing from authors connected to the Iowa Writers Workshop.