Area Celebrates Grand Opening of Retail Anchor
This Saturday, July 27th with Ribbon Cutting and Tasting Event
CORALVILLE, IA, July 22, 2013 – The Iowa River Landing district announces the exciting grand opening events to welcome retail anchor Von Maur to the Iowa River Landing area this Saturday, July 27th.
Festivities kick off at 9:45 AM with a ribbon cutting featuring local business representatives, city officials, and executives from Von Maur. Following this brief program, Von Maur will open its doors for the first time at 10:00 AM. The retailer has several in-store activities planned for their first day of business including live music, fun for the kids and a $1,000 shopping spree give away.
All Iowa River Landing restaurants are extending a warm welcome to Von Maur with a free “Taste of the Iowa River Landing” event. The free tasting event will take place from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM in a tented area just south of Von Maur. Participating restaurants include Backpocket Brewing, Edgewater Grille, Vesta, Konomi, Charlotte’s, Scratch Cupcakery and Waterstreet Coffee Bar. Each will offer a variety of free appetizers and sample foods and beverages from their menus. Planned items include:
- Backpocket Brewing — A sampling of beers and root beer
- Edgewater Grille — “The Landing Turkey Burger,” topped with Monterey Jack cheese, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, and served on a whole wheat bun
- Vesta — Ancho-rubbed pork with peach chutney
- Konomi — Fugi pork, chicken teriyaki, seaweed salad, and octopus salad
- Charlotte’s — An assortment of appetizers
- Scratch Cupcakery — An assortment of cupcakes
- Waterstreet Coffee Bar — A sampling of hot and iced coffee